The Glenfield College textile department aims to provide practical and theory skills for the textile industry. We follow the technology approach to solve a given issue.
1. Develop knowledge and understanding of workplace safety.
2. Develop skills in the correct use of sewing machines and equipment.
3. Follow the design process and create a textile solution to solve the given issue.
4. Develop skills and attitudes that enhance interaction and relationships with others i.e. working as a team, sharing equipment
5. Develop creativity skills that can be applied to project work.
The textile room is well equipped with 19 Bernina machines which range from basic sewing machine to computerized sewing machine and a specialized embroidery machine. We also have 4 overlockers and other small equipment required when working with textiles to produce garments that are creative and of a high standard.
This course may be found in our Technology document.